Dismantling Technician - Mechanic
Are you a hands-on automotive enthusiast with a knack for taking things apart but maybe not the best at putting them back together? Do you always have extra bolts when you are done “fixing” your car? If the answer is a resounding "YES," then we want YOU to join our dynamic team as a Dismantling Technician!
Who We Are:
Playground Premium Auto Recycling is a modern e-commerce based automotive recycler. We specialize in Jaguar, BMW, Mercedes and Audi as well as enthusiast and rare vehicles. Our process is simple → Bring cars in → Take them apart → Inventory the parts → Sell parts online. We are a family owned and operated company, no stuffy corporate types here.
What You’ll Do:
- Tear it down: You are responsible for the complete teardown of collision automobiles.
- Dismantle with Precision: Parts are unbolted, disconnected and disassembled, we do not cut, smash, or torch parts *not your typical junkyard*.
- Keep it clean, comfortable and safe: No rolling around in the snow or mud, freezing your fingers off here. All work takes place indoors in our clean well lit shop.
- Fuel the machine: Drown our inventory team with parts. This is a fast paced position with the team completing multiple cars per week.
What We Offer:
- Exciting Challenges: Each day brings new adventures as you tackle a variety of vehicles, from A4’s to Z3’s. We like the odd stuff that nobody else has.
- Skill Enhancement: Hone your expertise and learn as you go. Since we are not a dealer you get to see all sorts of makes and models.
- Team Spirit: Join a dynamic and collaborative team of automotive aficionados who share your passion for the world of cars.
- Competitive Compensation: We recognize and reward your hard work with a competitive wage and a profit sharing bonus.
- Dismantling Technicians are required to work standing, sitting, bending and moving, and also need the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- They must provide their own tools to dismantle most basic vehicles (sockets, wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, impact drivers, etc.).
- Strong mechanical abilities are a must and experience around automotive lifts, air compressors, forklifts, A/C and tire machines is desirable.
- Candidates should have completed high school or a GED, and have a drivers license.
Our shop is located in the southern Port Washington industrial park, about 5 minutes north of the Grafton Costco.
This is a 40 hour per week position with flexible hours from 7am-6pm (8 hour days), Monday through Friday. No Weekends or late nights.
Pay for this position is highly dependent on background and skills but is generally between $17-23 per hour with a profit sharing bonus. Perks include PTO and paid holidays as well as shop use on nights or weekends.
How to Apply:
If you're ready to rev up your career and be part of a company that values your skills and passion, please send your resume to us at email@example.com.